WATCH SUJ VIRTUAL JAM HERE – APRIL 26, 2021!
Pass the hat: firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIRTUAL SUJ IS MOVING TO METASTREAM!
Please spread the word to fellow ukers who may not have been able to join us on Facebook.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
• We’re holding a live "watch party" jam on Metastream! (https://app.getmetastream.com/)
HOW TO WATCH
• Metastream supports the following computer browsers: Chrome/Chromium, Firefox, Edge (new Chromium version), Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, or any Chrome-based browser with extension support.
• The first time you use Metastream, you’ll be prompted to download the Metastream extension.
• Around 7:00 pm ET on the day of the jam, we’ll post a link to the virtual jam on Facebook and our website (https://www.scarboroughukes.com/). You can join anytime after the link has been posted.
• Jam starts at 7:30 pm ET, with a five-minute countdown beginning at 7:25 – you should see/hear video.
TEST YOUR DEVICE
• Jay will hold a “test” virtual jam on Monday, April 19 at 7:00 pm ET. Look for the Google Meet details that day. NOTE: you will need a Gmail/Google account to join.
• Metastream FAQs: https://github.com/samuelmaddock/metastream/wiki/FAQ
• Metastream Network Troubleshooting: https://github.com/samuelmaddock/metastream/wiki/Network-Troubleshooting
• A mix of play-along charts and “open mic” performances, along with a live text chat window to comment and interact with your uke friends
• If you’d like your virtual “open mic” included, upload a video to your personal YouTube channel by Saturday before the jam and email the link to email@example.com. Depending on how many we get, we may save it for a later date.
PASS THE VIRTUAL HAT
• While putting together our Virtual SUJ sessions is a lot of fun, it's also a LOT of work! We truly appreciate you supporting our efforts by contributing anything you can to the 'virtual hat'.
• Contributions can be e-transferred to firstname.lastname@example.org – thanks in advance!
GOOGLE MEET VIDEO CHAT
On alternate Mondays we will have a Google Meet video chat. We will be ready to go if folks are interested in presenting a chart or playing an open mic, but we are also good just to talk if that is the vibe. It's all about community and connection. Check the calendar or watch the Facebook page for details. NOTE: Google Meet requires a Gmail or other Google account.
Founded in October 2013 and inspired by the world-famous Corktown Ukulele Jam. A fun, low-pressure environment where you can play and sing with a group of like-minded uke enthusiasts. All skill levels welcome!
We meet (nearly) every Monday from 7:30 pm to 9:30ish upstairs at The Olde Stone Cottage Pub (3750 Kingston Rd. at the corner of Scarborough Golf Club Rd.). Arrive early to get a good seat and a beverage! Admission is $5.